Thursday, February 28, 2008

Christmas


I realize that it is several months past Christmas, but I thought I would start there and catch you all up on Karis' life.

We had a really great Christmas. We did not travel anywhere. My family came to New Orleans 2 weeks before Christmas to celebrate the graduation of Chris (my brother) and Katie (my sister-in-love). We celebrated Christmas with them during that time.

On Christmas Eve we dressed Karis up in her Christmas dress and went to the Christmas Eve service at First Baptist New Orleans where Chris and Katie attended. People commented that she looked like a little angel because the dress was so puffy and she was so cute.

Christmas day we opened presents before she went down for her morning nap and I got ready for Chris and Katie to come over for lunch. Karis received three gifts for Christmas. We have decided to do the "gold, frankinsense, and myrrh" gifts. So the gold gift (one that she wants) was bath toys, blocks, and books. The frankinsense (sp?) gift (one that she needs) was some cubical shelving on which to put her books and toys. The myrrh gift (one that she can share) was a movie (Dumbo). She also had a stocking with more books and a t-shirt which says "Don't tell my Mommy and Daddy, but they don't look a thing like me."

Katie and Chris came over for the afternoon and grilled out steaks. We know, it was not the most traditional Christmas meal, but they sure were good and easy. We spent the rest of the afternoon playing on Page's Wii (his Christmas present). I am not sure who was more excited this Christmas, Page or Karis.

Karis enjoyed her Christmas presents, but I think she enjoyed the boxes, bags, and wrapping even more.

No comments: