Wednesday, July 16, 2008

MRI Results

As you all know, I had an MRI done a few weeks ago and so much has happened since the results of that test. Based on the results I have 3 herniated disks and 1 disk that is either bulging or herniated. The results were inconclusive.

Because of the MRI results, I have been put on restriction from lifting anything too heavy (including Karis who is now 30 lbs). Page is still at NG training, so I have obviously needed some help. I have such wonderful family members who have so graciously stepped in to help me in the middle of this crazy time.

My mother and father - in - love (Winston & Betty) came down to New Orleans for 4 days and stayed with me. They drove me around to doctors appointments and cooked for Karis and I. We had a wonderfully relaxing time.

My sister, Rebekah, came on the day before Winston and Betty left. She and my niece, Anyston, flew all the way from GA to help me out. It was Anyston's first plane ride. We did not lay around the house with these girls. We spent some time at the zoo, aquarium, and children's museum and wore the little girls (and big girls) slap out. Rebekah drove us back to GA on Monday and Tuesday of this week.

So now, Karis and I are in Tifton for the next few weeks until I get well enough to take care of Karis on my own. The doctor  is waiting on my muscles and tendons to heal from the whip-lash before she can begin work on the disks. We are hoping we will be able to fix them without surgery. 

I will be posting some pictures of our adventures in New Orleans a little later. The girls had a wonderful time and us Moms had fun too.

No comments: