Saturday, July 5, 2008

Page's Chaplain Training

Most of you that know us know that Page is a chaplain in the Army National Guard. He has been involved in NG for about 6 years and has had a huge ministry with the units he has served. He has seen several salvations and ministered to many men and women going and coming to and from the Middle East.

Page left today for duty/training in Fort Jackson, SC. He will be gone for 2 months (July 5th-Sept 5th). He is very excited about the training, but rather sad about leaving Karis and I behind especially after the accident. I (Ashley) am healing, but the process is going to be much slower than we origianlly thought. I was told in the ER that I would be better within a few days, but I have now been told that I could be in pain for several more weeks and that the healing process could take up to 6 months or more. I was diagnosed with severe whip-lash. I had an MRI done on Thursday and should find out the results next week.

Getting back to Page and the reason I am writing this post, Page will be in SC for 2 months and would really appreciate any cards, letters, or care packages you would like to send. His address is:

US Army Chaplain Center & School
CH-BOLC
CH (1 LT) Page Brooks
10100 Lee Road
Fort Jackson, SC 29207-7090

He would not ask for anything specific, but I will tell you that he likes chocolate brownies and cake as well as Vanilla Wafers. Have fun supporting a soilder that you know!!

He is getting the opportunity while there to sit in on a "Sunday School" type Koran study. The chaplain leader knows the study Page has done on Muslims and has invited him in to discuss the Koran in this study. I am sure the Muslims are hoping for a new convert; however, Page is praying for a few converts of his own. Please pray for this opportunity, that he would have the words to say and the courage to say it.

We love our family and friends very much!! Have a wonderful weekend celebrating our countries independence!!

2 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

Wow! I will pray for you as you go the road of single mom for 2 months!! Could you not go with him and stay on a base together? Has he ever been gone that long before? I don't know how you do it! Adaryll went to Hungary on a mission trip last summer for 10 days and I was SO glad to get him back home! :)

The Spears said...

We have started the support by sending him off with some homemade chocolate chip banana bread!! That should get him going at least for the trip there???