Monday, January 5, 2009


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY


Karis and I left Montgomery this morning at 7am heading for Atlanta.


I dropped Karis off with PopPop and Grandma after eating lunch at Truett's. She had no problem going home with PopPop. In fact she told me "hug" and "bye Mom" and rolled away with no tears. I was very proud of her. I have to admit I was a little hurt she was able to leave me so easily.



I drove another 5 hours to Florence, SC. Most of you know that I am very much an introvert and enjoy being by myself. However, on special occasions like birthdays, holidays, and adoptions, I want a big celebration. I want people around to help me celebrate. It was not to be that way today. Page and I celebrated our anniversary last week because he has a workshop this week, so today was focused on our new addition to our family. I knew that no one would be here to help me celebrate and I was feeling a little sorry for myself. I was reading in scripture last night about the story of Noah and God's promise to always keep his promises signified by a rainbow. I was thinking about the promise God gave us to never leave us or forsake us and realized that I was not alone at all. I would be celebrating this day with the one person who loves me and loves my new daughter more than anyone possibly could. About 15 miles outside of Florence I realized that there was about to be a huge thunderstorm. I was grumbling to myself about how I was going to have to carry all the luggage and "stuff" into the hotel by myself when I looked up and saw this:


Granted, it might not look like much here, but this rainbow was absolutely beautiful and huge. I realized God was reminding me of the fact He was keeping His promises and showing me a visible sign of His doing so. He is with me and will give me the strength to do all things...even carry the "stuff" in the rain.

Page and I have been praying for this baby we would be adopting at the time the Lord ordained. I am very excited about her life and the plans the Lord has for her. We are so grateful that He saw fit to put Alethia in our family.

At about 5:30pm I met my daughter for the first time. Our social worker, Amy, brought her to my hotel room. I got everything on video and (Katie) I am trying to take as many pictures as I possibly can.

Since we have met she has eaten and slept.

We will be spending tomorrow here at the hotel in Florence. We have a court date on Wednesday. I think we might go shopping at the mall across the street. Can't teach a girl too soon. :-)















1 comment:

Kimberly said...

She is beautiful! Praying for you guys!