Sunday, January 4, 2009


TRAVELING TO ALABAMA

Imagine this with a suitcase and another bag of Karis' clothes and the picture will be complete. I felt very overwhelmed packing for 2 children and myself for 2 different weather conditions. It is rather cold in SC but very warm here in the "deep  south". We feel so blessed to have this van. I don't know how we would have been able to pack everything into a car. 


Karis is relaxing in a bubble bath 
(I promise...there were bubbles in the tub) 
after a long day on the road.



Today Karis and I left New Orleans with a loaded down van. We drove for about 5 hours and arrived in Montgomery, AL for the first part of our trip. We will be leaving Montgomery tomorrow morning really early to drive to Atlanta to drop Karis off with her Nanna and PopPop Nalls. She will be staying with them until Friday when Nanna, PopPop, and Karis will be driving up to Spartanburg, SC to meet their new baby sister/grandbaby.

Our trip today went really well. Karis travels so well. She slept for about an hour of the trip, sang to/talked to/entertained herself for several hours before I decided that "Boz" could be "watch" on the "DBD". We ended the car ride with, "Remember, Wherever you are, near or far, God loves you and I do too!" I could not have asked her to be any more well behaved.

We will leave really early tomorrow to go to Atlanta. I don't want to bore you with all the details twice, so I will tell you about tomorrow then. 

We have been talking to Karis about her new baby sister. She either laughs and says "baby sista" or runs around the house saying "no sista, no sista". We talked about how the new baby would be riding in the new car seat that is now next to her seat. She knows a baby goes in there because she kept asking where the baby was during our trip to Montgomery. I am looking forward to Karis and Alethia meeting next weekend. I am looking forward to meeting Alethia tomorrow.

Until then....

1 comment:

Christie said...

Yay yay yay! I look forward tp hearing more about your new addition!