Saturday, June 16, 2007

Family Reunion

Page and I have had the pleasure of learning a lot about babies over the past few weeks. Karis is teaching us so much. I am going to have many new things to share in my Human Growth & Development class, if I ever get the chance to teach it again.

One of the things that I have learned is that babies fix their eyes on a person in order to get to know him or her. Page has been gone for the past two weeks to Annual Training for the National Guard. He came back on Friday, and Karis has had eyes only for her Daddy. She has been watching him and listening to him as he feeds her and plays with her.

Again, God has reminded me that we should do the same thing to Him that Karis is doing to Page. Karis learns more about her Daddy by watching him and listening to him. She is learning about his personality as well as his character as she spends time with him. The same is true in our relationships with God. Many times we miss our time with him or we neglect our time with Him. By spending time with Him and fixing our eyes on Him we are able to rekindle that relationship and get to know God even more. We are able to get to know His character and His faithfulness. The more we stare the more we know. I guess this situation is the only one in which staring would not be impolite.

No comments: