Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Great Adventure

I have come to the conclusion that our lives are one BIG ADVENTURE made up of smaller ones. I would say that when Page and I married we had no idea the adventures God would allow us to take. We have married, almost completed PhDs, moved almost 2 times, joined the National Guard (when he joined, we joined :-)), tried to adopt two children and successfully adopted one, worked what seems a million jobs, and are finally moving back to where the adventure first started for us, New Orleans.

These adventures have not been easy for us. We have been through our share of heart ache, but we would not have had it any other way. Through the experiences God has grown us in our faith and commitment to Him as well as to each other.

Our most recent adventure has been the adoption of our daughter, Karis Esperanza Brooks. We had the blessing of picking her up from the hospital two days after her birthday (April 28) and we have watched her grow like a weed ever since. She has already taught us more about love and sacrifice than we could ever have imagined. Page and I could not love her any more if we had birthed her ourselves. I will have to blog about her adoption some other time, but to give you the very short version, we could not have asked for a more perfect adoption story. God's timing is perfect and He placed her in our lives for her to bless us and for us to love and bless her.

I hope you enjoy reading these crazy adventures of the Brooks' family. Let us hear from you.

5 comments:

The Spears said...

Welcome to Blogging!! She is so so cute. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. By the way, I cancelled my training that day so come whenever! Brent has a baseball game that he is playing in (coaches/parents vs. 3,4,5th grade Royals baseball team) It will be fun. Starts at 4 that day!!

JMoseley said...

Karis is beautiful (and mom ain't so bad herself!) :) I'm glad you are bloggng now so I can keep up with you better. I guess I need to get with the times myself! I'm SOOOO very excited you guys are moving back to NO (and closer to me)! Love ya!

PenyJane said...

I am glad you learned to blog! It is wonderful to see you and your new little girl - she looks so precious. I know you and Paige are going to enjoy this new adventure of parenting. Glad to hear about Paige getting on faculty at NOBTS. we are happy for you! and hope to see y'all one of these days soon.

Jenibug7 said...

Yeah! Glad to finally see a real picture of Karis! Did I tell you we considered Caris (pronounced the same way) for Elena's middle name? It was in the top 3 or so. So, good job with her name! :) Can't wait to see and hear more about how you are doing!
Jen Jordan
www.myjordanfamily.blogspot.com

Phil & Rebecca said...

What??! back to New Orleans??? Ahhhh!!! Ya we miss it too... A little. Love ya and oh ya CONGRADULATIONS. Big time. We need more pics on the blog.