Sunday, March 28, 2010

Funny Stories

We went to Jeremy and Rebekah's (my brother in love and sister) for Anyston's (my neice) b-day party. Scott and Christy Short (friends) were there with their girls Ashley and McKenzey. We had sandwiches and cake and then Anyston opened her presents. Her birthday party theme was Princess and the Frog, so we got her a Tiana Leapster game and the Tiana dress up dress. Karis waited so patiently until all the presents were opened and then she brought the dress to me and asked if she could wear it. I told her she needed to ask Anyston first. Annie didn't care, so K wore the dress pretty much the rest of the time we were there. She came up to me about 20 minutes before we were going to go and said that she was going to take off the dress so that someone else could wear it. They watched the movie again (we had already watched it 2 times yesterday) while we were there (on the back tv so that the adults could talk).

While we were at the party, Thia decided she was going to see how much attention she could get. We were sitting in the LR and Thia kept walking from the LR to the back rooms chattering the entire time. She would walk up to the LR and say "Hey!" chatter chatter chatter chatter and then walk back to the back where the older girls were. She then came to the LR and found as many phones as she possibly could and talked on each one. She would hold it up to her ear and say "Hey!" and chatter away. We finally started to see if we could get her to say names. We started with Annie because she had said that one before. She repeated it and we shouted "Yay!" Well she thought this was a game. So we then tried to get her to say Beka. She said, "Eka" and then said "Yay!" for herself after she said it. She also clapped for herself. She then would say something we didn't understand and would just yell, Yay! after each "name". She must have done this 10 or 15 times which had us laughing pretty hard at her.

We left the party about 7pm and drove back to mom and dad's. When I got to the house I realized Dad had set the alarm and I didn't know the pass code. I started looking around for my phone and realized I didn't have it. I then remembered that I had seen Thia pick it up out of my purse while I was getting stuff together and walk away with it. I drove back over the Rebekah's house (15 minutes back into town) I went up to the door and started banging on the door. No one came to the door. I kept knocking and knocking and still no one came. I peeked in the door and saw Annie sitting on the couch playing her Leapster. I then started banging really hard. I peeked in again and saw Beka come in the LR with a vacuum. I banged even louder and she finally heard me. Rebekah asked Annie if she had heard me knocking and Annie said "um-hmm". Rebekah asked Annie why she did not get the door and Annie shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know" all the while continuing to play the Leapster (at least she was playing the game we gave her.) We looked all over the house for the phone and couldn't find it. I had left the girls in the van while I ran in thinking that the phone was in the LR somewhere easy to spot. Fifteen minutes later we had searched the van and the house and still couldn't find it. The battery was running dead, so I didn't think we would be able to call it. Beka had tried it once and it had gone straight to voicemail. She decided to try it once more and finally she heard something. She ran in Annie's play room and started searching through the closet and found it in the back of the closet.

At 7:45 we were back on the road and I started teasing Thia about hiding my phone. Karis then said, "Oh Mom, Thia didn't hide it. It was in the grocery cart in the closet. She put it in there so that I could go grocery shopping." Can you believe it? The child knew where the phone was the entire time I was searching the house and the van like a mad woman.

During the mad search, Karis decided it was movie time in the van. She took the DVD player out of its bag and turned on a movie for herself. She held the DVD player and was watching herself a movie as though nothing was wrong.

I think having a one year old that now walks and thinks she is the life of the party and an almost 3 year old who is as smart as a whip is going to keep me on my toes. I could either laugh or cry. Today I am choosing to laugh. :-)

No comments: