Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stomach Flu-4/Brooks-0

Last Saturday a stomach bug and took down each member of my household one by one. Karis came down with the bug on Sunday. Thia woke up sick on Monday. I was able to hold off until the girls got over the worst of there sickness and came down with the bug on Wednesday. I think the girls must have had a 48 hour version of the bug and I only had a 24 hour version. But this bug really took us out for a ride.

On Thursday, us girls took a ride up to Hattiesburg to be ready for the departure ceremony for the 256th Brigade (the brigade Page is deploying with). We spent the night with our sweet friends, the Meridas. Bright and early Friday morning we got up and headed to the base. I was still not eating very much, but I was feeling much better than before. I wish you could have seen Karis all day. She was stuck to her daddy's side. She cried during the hour of the Pass and Review. She wanted to "go march on the field with my daddy." Page had to either hold her hand or carry her the entire day. She asked him when he was coming back when he walked away from her for 2 seconds. She watched his every move. When he came off the field from the Review she told him, "We are going to take you home."

Saturday began as a beautiful day. We got up, got dressed, and headed to the zoo. We got there as it opened and had a wonderful time because all the animals were out and doing something. The weather was in the 60's and absolutely clear. We were surprised by our friends Jason and Braci who came out to the zoo around lunch time. We all ate lunch together. They stayed at the zoo while we headed home to put the girls down for a nap. After naps, we took the girls over to Jason and Braci's for them to spend the night while Page and I had an extra long date night.

Page and I went to eat at Redfish Grill (one of our favorite places to go) and then we came home to watch a movie. Right after the movie Page begin to complain that his stomach was not feeling so well. Yep, you guessed it. Somehow, someway (even through a cleaned house), that stomach bug found a way to take out Page too. He spent all last night in the bathroom. I think he may have had it worse than we did.

To be very honest with you, I spent a long time last night in tears. Even today I am up rather upset that God allowed the stomach bug to attack Page. I will keep you posted on how I am doing with that as the next few days unfold. Our Sunday plans with Page have definitley changed, but I am praying that he mends quickly and that our family time is not harmed significantly. I am posting this today so that y'all can pray with us that he regains his strength, no one else is affected by this bug, and that our time with Page over the next 2.5 days continues to be special and fun.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

praying for you all sweet friend...