Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One Leaves for Kuwait the other comes home from Afghanistan

Page is finally flying out to Kuwait today. I find it very ironic that on the same day that Page is flying out, my brother in law, Jeremy, is flying back to the states from Afghanistan. We are very excited about his return. My sister Rebekah and their daughter, Anyston, are the most excited though. Anyston's birthday was on the 15th, but she decided to wait to have her birthday party when her daddy could be there.

Life here in New Orleans has been about the same. We miss Page very much, but we are keeping busy. As I type, Karis is eating a muffin snack and Thia is taking a morning nap. Normally Thia does not nap until the middle of the day with Karis, but last night we had the privilege of speaking (yes...we) at an Adoption/Foster Care Awareness meeting that the Louisiana Baptist Children's home put together. Thia tried to steal my mic while Karis did a hide and seek show around the stage. All this was going on while I was trying to talk about how God led us to adoption and giving Karis and Thia's adoption stories. I always enjoy telling our stories because it reminds me of the many miracles and blessings God has done in our lives. The girls stole the show.

We are headed to the grocery store a little later, but for now we are reading books, resting, and praying that daddy has a safe trip today and tomorrow.

No comments: