Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nearer, My God, to Thee!

I was listening to Pandora this morning and I heard this song twice in two different versions. I thought since I heard it twice I should look up all the words and read through them. Did not know how appropriate they would be for today. Here they are:

Nearer, My God, to Thee
Sarah Adams/Lowell Mason

Nearer, my God to thee, Nearer to Thee!
Even tho' it be a cross that raiseth me;
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee!
Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee!

There let the way appear, steps unto heav'n;
All that Thou sendest me, in mercy giv'n;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God to Thee!
Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee!

Then with my waking tho'ts bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I'll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God to Thee!
Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee!

We had a wonderful weekend with Page. He quickly recovered from the flu and we were able to pick up Monday as though he had never been sick. We took him back to the base on Tuesday afternoon. The girls and I stopped and got some ice cream on the way back to the house. We decided we needed a small "happy" to make us feel better about "taking Daddy back."

Today started off pretty well until my babysitter plans fell through at the last minute and I had to find people to keep the girls while I am counseling this afternoon. All is well once again, but I am glad my thoughts were "bright with Thy praise" this morning. Today is one of those days I miss my parental back up!

No comments: