Monday, January 18, 2010

First Weekend: Day 11

We made it through the first weekend of Page's deployment. Saturday was probably the hardest day I have had since Page deployed. He is normally here on Saturdays so we missed him more so than on the days he is normally at work. We have a very scheduled week which actually goes by pretty quickly. The weekends are usually family times. We didn't have anything scheduled this weekend (except watching the Saints game, of course), so the days went by a little slower.

The other hard part for me was that I use to look forward to the weekends because I had help with the girls. I was not the only parent responsible for the girls on the weekends. I had a little more free time to do some things for me. This weekend I found myself getting frustrated with the girls quicker than I normally do. I realized this weekend that I am going to have to be more proactive about our weekends. I will probably begin planning one or two fun activities for us on Saturdays to get us through the weekends a little easier.

We really enjoyed watching the Saints beat the Cardinals on Saturday.
We are also glad they are playing the Vikings for the championship rather than Dallas. Karis watched most of the game with me and a friend who dropped to visit for a little bit. Every time a commercial would come on she would turn to me and say, "Mom, I want to watch more football!" I am so glad she is not use to commercials. She had no idea what they were. I realized how little "real" t.v. we actually watch.

Today (Monday) we are washing clothes and planning to go to the seminary library to see our friend Gabrielle (Lolli) Walker. Gabrielle's husband is also a chaplain in the National Guard. He is still a chaplain candidate until he completes his training this summer. The Walkers are one of the couples working with us in the church plant in mid-city. Please keep this couple in your prayers as Thomas looks for a job in mid-city. They just found out a few weeks ago that they are expecting their first baby. We are very excited for them.

Thanks so much for your continued prayer support. I can really tell that I am being prayed for. God is so gracious to me and my family.

No comments: