Monday, January 11, 2010

Fun with Friends: Day 4


We have been so blessed to have my dear friend of 15 years, Ginger (GiGi - to the girls), here to visit this weekend. She and her baby girl, Charlotte, flew down from Philly on Saturday and will be here until tomorrow.

We have had a wonderful time hanging out, talking, and playing. The girls have gotten along so well. Karis has been a big sister to Charlotte as well. She tries to protect both Thia and Charlotte from having their toys stolen by the other baby. She hugs on both girls and tries to soothe them when they get fussy.

Both Thia and Charlotte have runny noses, so Ginger stayed home with the little babies yesterday while Karis and I went to church. We had a wonderful time worshipping the Lord with our community of believers. James, our pastor, spoke on the difference between common grace and a greater grace that we often miss. It was a great reminder that God wants so much more for my life (as well as everyone else) than I could possibly imagine. I was so appreciative of the message.

Karis and I came home and everyone ate lunch and headed to bed for afternoon naps. Charlotte took a wonderful nap. My girls, however, decided that they did not want to take naps. After fighting with them for about an hour and a half, I gave up. Both of the girls were exhausted for the rest of the afternoon as was their mother. We all ate an early dinner and then loaded up the girls in the van for a quick run through the Cafe du Monde drive through. Ginger and I enjoyed coffee and beignets while 2 out of the 3 girls slept in the back of the van.
We got home and put the girls to bed. Gin and stayed up way too late talking, watching Friends, and eating popcorn. It was a great night.

Today Gin is going to help me hang some pictures in the girls room. We are also going to get VooDoo rolls from NO Food and Spirits and later tonight we are going to get double chocolate bread pudding from RedFish Grill. I couldn't let her leave New Orleans without at least eating a little bit of good food.

Reality of Page being gone has begun to set in for both myself and the girls. Both the girls continue to call for Page everyone morning. He normally would look on them first thing in the morning. They are missing that special time with their Daddy. Mom is missing Daddy putting the girls to bed at night and having that few minutes to myself. All of us are going to have to adjust to a new normal during this year. We are so appreciative of all the prayers being lifted up for us.

No comments: