Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Projects: Day 5


So today we packed Ginger and Charlotte up and told them goodbye. Actually, Thia and I told them goodbye. Karis, who does not like goodbyes, refused to look at them and I think my have grunted bye as we walked out the door. I have a sweet friend who has volunteered to keep the girls for a few hours a week and today is that day. I left the girls at the house with her and Gin, Char, and I set out to the airport. As usual we were running a tad bit late, but I have not heard from her, so I am assuming they got on the plane okay and are headed back home. We so enjoyed having them here. They helped us ignore our missing Page/Daddy for a little while. I think it is now beginning to set in for us as I am beginning to feel the loneliness of single parenting and Karis is continually saying that she will "show Daddy my picture when he comes home" or "play tea party with Daddy tomorrow."

In order to give myself something constructive to do, I have decided to do some small projects around the house while Page is gone. These projects are things I have wanted to do to "finish" the house, but I just have not had time to do them. I decided that while Page is gone, it would be a good time to complete the projects. While I was out I went by Bed, Bath, and Beyond and picked up a new shower rod...you know, the one that curves out away from the shower so that you have more room in the shower. I also picked up new shower curtain rings because the ones we have are rusting pretty badly. These new rings are horseshoe shaped and have a hook on either end which separate out the liner from the curtain.

Anyway, I got my drill and other tools I needed out. I laid everything out on our bed. I placed Thia in the pack-n-play in our room and Karis in her bed to take a nap. I began by reading the directions which Page always laughs at me for doing. He would rather just figure it out on his own. (Such a guy thing to do!!) Within 20 minutes I had my new shower curtain rod hung and the shower curtain and liner on the new rod. I am very excited. I think it might be a little crooked, but it is definitely not coming down (like our other shower curtain rod continually would do). For some reason the old rod would wait until I was directly under it and fall right smack dab on the top of my head. It drove me crazy. Not any more. I put the abusive rod in time out (aka the closet).

I did not take a pic of the before, but here is what the new rod looks like after......


Please continue to keep the girls in your prayers. Both of them have had colds since before Christmas. Thia's is a little worse than Karis' but it I can tell that both of them are not feeling as well as they could. We so appreciate each of your prayers!!

No comments: