Sunday, January 31, 2010

Saints Championship Football Game: Day 25

I will have to admit that I have not been a Saints fan for very long. We came into the fan club this season. As I have watched them play and then watched the interviews with the players after the games, I am not only cheering them on.... I am very proud to be a Saints fan. They work as a team and have done SO much for this city.

Last Sunday we watched them play in the championship game. We ate dinner with our friends, Jason and Braci Lawson. The girls were dressed for bed before I walked over to the Lawson's apartment. I knew that the night would be late, so I decided having them dressed for bed would be one step closer to getting them there when we walked in the door after the game.

Karis watched the game for the first 3 quarters. She was finished after that and wanted to have a pillow fight with Jason. They fought for about 10 minutes. Jason was amazed at how tough she was. Karis would get knocked down and come back for more.

Thia enjoyed all the attention she received as well. She went from lap to lap hugging, laying, and crawling all over each one. She cruised and crawled all over the apartment. She even talked Braci into reading her a book during the game. I don't think Braci minded due to the fact that she was not all that invested in the game. :-)
We are very excited about watching the Saints play in the Superbowl. I think this is the first time ever I have even cared about an NFL team not the mention the SuperBowl. We are headed out this week to get the girls and I some Saints outfits to wear on Sunday. We decided we were not going to be the only ones not to wear black and gold to church on Sunday. Yes, 95% of the church had on black and gold the week of the championship game. I have never seen anything like it. Different culture here, but I have to say....I kinda like it. Hope you help us cheer on the Saints this coming weekend!!

No comments: